CITY OF HARKER HEIGHTS ANNOUNCES SMALL BUSINESS GRANTS
The City of Harker Heights has approved a Coronavirus Small Business Relief Grant. The grant application period opens at 8 a.m. on Monday, October 5, and will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, October 16. The application can be acquired through the City of Harker Heights website (www.harkerheights.gov) or the Central Texas Council of Governments (www.ctcog.org). The application will not be available until Monday October 5th.
Assistant City Manager Jerry Bark said, ” The maximum amount distributed will be $3,000 per business from a total funding amount of $89,468.50 provided through the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) from the Texas Division of Emergency Management.”
The Central Texas Council of Governments will be administering the program for the City and will accept applications for the specified two weeks.
The criteria for eligible businesses for the Small Business Grant can be reviewed below. Click here to download the full list of criteria and to review the eligible use of funds.
- Must be a locally owned, independent
- Must have 50 or fewer FTE (Full time equivalent) for payroll prior to March 1,
- Must have a current or anticipated revenue decline beginning after March 1, 2020, resulting from COVID-19
- Must have a physical and publicly accessible location within Harker Heights in a commercial building or business
- Must have been in continuous operation prior to a disaster declaration ordering the closure of your
- Cannot be a home-based
- Must currently be in operation or plan to reopen when
- Must have been considered a “non-essential business” during disaster declarations
Attn: Planning and Regional Services, Bell County CRF
2180 N Main Street
PO Box 729
Belton, TX 76513
Questions can be directed to: