The Development District of Central Texas (DDCT) is accepting applications for the DDCT Rural Internship Program. This program will award three $500 scholarships to Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development entities or Departments of Tourism to hire high school juniors or seniors in their local area. Students will gain hands-on experience promoting economic development in rural communities. In turn, the communities will benefit through advanced efforts of economic development and assist in cultivating ambassadors for rural Central Texas.
To qualify, students must meet these requirements:
- Be a junior or senior in a local high school
- Live in a rural community with a population of 20,000 or less based on the 2010 Census.
- Demonstrate civic awareness and community involvement
- Maintain an A or B GPA before and during the internship
- Have written recommendation from a school administrator
- Have two letters of recommendation from teachers
Download the Rural Internship Application Form
All rural Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Corporations, and Departments of Tourism in the seven-county CTCOG region are welcome to apply.
Applications are due by Tuesday, October 10th.
Contact Kendra Coufal (email@example.com) at 254-770-2363 with your questions.