June 5, 2023 - June 7, 2023
8:00 am - 9:00 am
Event Phone: 254.933.6063
Certifies currently TCOLE appointed jailers, peace officers, and Justices of Peace to be a resource for other officers or agencies statewide who are responding to a mental health crisis and may need aid navigating the area resources and state statutes. This is not a continuance of signs/symptoms of mental illness or developmental disabilities. There is a required knowledge check for registrants.
Required Items for Class: Students need to bring a laptop or MDT (Wi-Fi provided) that can access the internet and a USB drive.
Requirements for MHO certification:
- 2 years licensed experience as Jailer, Peace Officer, or Justice of Peace
- CPR/First Aid (Red Cross/American Heart Association or equivalent)
- De-Escalation #1849 AND
- Crisis Intervention Training for all certifications (Peace Officer: TCOLE 1850) or Mental Health for Jailers (Jailer #4900)
- CIT equivalents for de-escalation & Crisis Intervention Training would be included in BPOC Courses# 1000667, #1000696, #1000720) for peace officers.
- Mental Health Officer #4201
Multiple sessions taught by Sgt. Teresa Phelps. TCOLE credit will be given by Bell County Sheriff Department.