- December 2, 2021 - December 5, 2021
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Venue Phone: 254-770-2200
Venue Website: https://ctcog.org/Address:
Event Phone: 254-770-2367
Students will need to bring their laptops to class and must have Microsoft Office downloaded
Basic Instructor Course, #1014, is offered to police officers, telecommunicators and jailers. Students will be expected to research law enforcement topics, write learning objectives and develop lesson plans. Students will deliver timed presentations to the class with an instructor critique of each. Time will be given during class and in the evenings to prepare their speeches.
Equipment needed: Laptop computers with slide-show type presentation software is necessary . Students will have access to paper, pens, pencils, markers and other resources to produce their speeches.
Class will be taught by Anna Goodloe. Anna’s recent bio:
INSTRUCTOR | North Central Texas Council of Governments | 2018 to Present
- Serves as an Instructor for the Police Academy and Law Enforcement division for ground instruction.
- Conducts and leads student in legislative mandate classes for Police Academy Cadets and Police Officers.
- Promotes positive learning environments, enhances student motivation, and develops environments that are conducive to learning.
- Enhances communication through scenarios, role-play, and discussions designed to encourage optimal student learning through engaging dialogue.
- Answers student questions and inquires in a timely, and professional demeanor.
TRAINING COORDINATOR SERGEANT | Johnson County Sheriff’s Office | 2010 to Present
- Responsible for developing, scheduling, facilitating and coordinating training for approximately 400 commissioned and noncommissioned personnel.
- Plan and execute training assessment programs to evaluate and document training of 170 annual procedural changes.
- Provide organizational leadership to plan and implement strategic training and development opportunities for 172 employees.
- Evaluate Law Enforcement training requirements and work with subject matter experts and senior leadership to design solutions optimizing onboarding, employee performance, and quality management; successfully improved compliance with Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) standards.
- Spearheaded 134 instructor-led ongoing training courses per year at Police Academies and Law Enforcement agencies.
- Leverage assessment tools and instructional design strategies to create and improve training programs to achieve organizational and state mandated training standards.
- Participated in 12 training and credential state audits and facilitated completion of scheduled and unscheduled regulatory audits.
- Teach a variety of Law Enforcement classes to Police Academies, making up approximately 110 students annually.
- Manages all training records, including personnel and course curriculum.
- Maintains application, certificates, licenses, and credentialing files in a confidential manner.
- Regularly inputs credentialing information into database for auditing purposes and safeguards information on credentialing, privileging, certifications, education and competencies are current; disseminates data to authorized personnel.
- Audits gradebooks, supports course development, and assigns courses to students and instructors.
- Grew the number of courses offered in the first three years by more than 75%.
- Develops and administers curriculum and course planning, ensuring curriculum met state mandates and agency policies, and analyze competed syllabi for numerous state mandated and continuing education courses.
- Schedule comprehensive course calendars, promotes positive learning environments, and enhances student motivation and learning through guest speakers, expert lecturers, field trips, and hands-on proficiency learning.
- Teach Texas Commission on Law Enforcement state mandated and continuing education courses to Police Cadets and Texas Police Officers.